Introducing a Quick and Convenient Way to Charge
Do you own a plug-in hybrid or electric vehicle (EV)? MGE's new home charging program makes it quick and easy to charge your car's battery with a Level 2 (L2) charger. L2 chargers can charge up to six times faster than a standard 120-volt electrical outlet and offer more flexibility to charge when you want.
No Up-Front Installation Fees
This program provides a ChargePoint Home L2 charger without having to pay up-front installation fees. You'll pay a monthly fee of about $20 (64 cents per day) plus the cost of electricity. Sign up for our Time of Use (TOU) electric rate and reduce your electricity costs by charging at times when rates are lowest.
More Control of Your Energy Usage
The ChargePoint Home is easy to use. It can be controlled remotely via Wi-Fi from a smartphone. You can monitor and manage your charging sessions from anywhere. It also integrates with other ChargePoint chargers so you can view all of your residential, public and workplace charging history.
Support Energy 2030 by Advancing New Technologies
As part of our commitment to advancing new technology, as outlined in our Energy 2030 framework, MGE is offering the Charge@Home program pilot to help make EV ownership easier for our customers. Encouraging L2 installations not only helps our customers save money because they can program their vehicle to charge at night during off-peak periods, but it also helps us learn how to best manage the impact of EV charging on our distribution system.
- Charge your battery faster. L2 chargers can provide 10 to 20 miles of range per hour.
- Reduced charging fees. L2 charging allows you to charge when electricity costs less (TOU rate).
- No installation fees. MGE will install the ChargePoint Home with no up-front costs. You only pay approximately 64 cents per day or $20 per month.
- Turn-key service from MGE. We will install and maintain the charging station.
- No worries. MGE stands behind the licensed electrician's work and the charging station.
- Receive just one bill. Utility service and the monthly fee will be on your utility bill.
Easy to participate
To sign up for MGE's Home EV Charging service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.