MGE does not provide appliance inspection or repair services.
Please don't hesitate to call:
- (608) 252-1111 if you smell natural gas.
- (608) 252-7111 for lights out or other emergency.
MGE will provide carbon monoxide tests for a fee.
MGE will install and repair natural gas piping. Standard rates apply.
Before you call for service
You may want to check the following:
- Are your other gas appliances working?
- If not, please call MGE at (608) 252-7333.
- Do you have power to the appliance?
- Check for a blown fuse or tripped breaker.
- Many gas appliances have a power cord that must be plugged in securely.
- The standing pilot light may have extinguished. If you can safely do so, carefully follow the manufacturer's directions to relight the pilot.
In addition, if your furnace or gas water heater is not working:
- Are the intake and exhaust pipes clear of snow, ice or other obstruction?
- Is the condensate drain hose clear and unobstructed?
- If the furnace filter was checked recently, was the access panel closed just right?
To find a qualified service technician
- Check with the dealer from whom the appliance was purchased.
- Consult trusted family and friends who have had repairs satisfactorily completed.
- Check the equipment manufacturer's Web site to find a local franchised dealer.