A quick and convenient way to charge
Do you own a plug-in hybrid or electric vehicle (EV)? MGE's home charging program makes it quick and easy to charge your car's battery with a Level 2 (L2) charger. L2 chargers can charge up to six times faster than a standard 120-volt electrical outlet and offer more flexibility to charge when you want.
No up-front costs
This program provides a ChargePoint Home L2 charger without having to pay up-front costs. You'll pay a monthly fee of about $20 (66 cents per day) plus the cost of electricity. Sign up for our Shift & Save electric rate and reduce your electricity costs by charging at times when rates are lowest.
- Charge your battery faster. L2 chargers can provide 10 to 25 miles of range per hour.
- Schedule charging remotely through your smartphone.
- Pay less to charge when signed up for Shift & Save.
- Earn rewards for allowing MGE to manage charging for you.
- No up-front costs. Pay about $20 a month (66 cents a day).
- MGE coordinates installation and maintains the charging station.
- No worries. MGE stands behind the licensed electrician's work and the charging station.
Advancing new technologies
As part of our commitment to advancing new technology as we target net-zero carbon electricity by 2050, MGE offers Charge@Home to help make EV ownership easier for our customers. This program helps us learn how to best manage the impact of EV charging on our distribution system.