A quick and convenient way to charge
Do you own a plug-in hybrid or electric vehicle (EV)? MGE's home charging program makes it quick and easy to charge your car's battery with a Level 2 (L2) charger. L2 chargers can charge up to six times faster than a standard 120-volt electrical outlet and offer more flexibility to charge when you want.
No up-front costs
This program provides a ChargePoint Home L2 charger without having to pay up-front costs. You'll pay a monthly fee of about $20 (66 cents per day) plus the cost of electricity. Sign up for our Shift & Save electric rate and reduce your electricity costs by charging at times when rates are lowest.
- Charge your battery faster. L2 chargers can provide 10 to 25 miles of range per hour.
- Schedule charging remotely through your smartphone.
- Pay less to charge when signed up for the Shift & Save electric rate. L2 charging allows you to charge when electricity costs less (TOU rate).
- No up-front costs. Pay about $20 a month (66 cents a day).
- MGE coordinates installation and maintains the charging station.
- No worries. MGE stands behind the licensed electrician's work and the charging station.
Advancing new technologies
As part of our commitment to advancing new technology, MGE is offering the Charge@Home program to help make EV ownership easier for our customers. This program helps us learn how to best manage the impact of EV charging on our distribution system.
Get started with Charge@Home