Budget Payment Plan
With MGE's Budget Payment Plan, you'll enjoy consistent monthly energy bills. Your energy costs will be spread more evenly throughout the year, allowing you to budget for higher use over the winter heating and summer cooling months.
How do I sign up?
For residential customers:
- Preview your monthly budget amount and sign up in My Account.
- Call us at 608-252-7080 or 1-866-252-7080, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
How does MGE determine my monthly payment?
Note: Accounts in arrears are not eligible for a Budget Payment Plan. Contact us to set up a payment arrangement if you’re having trouble paying your bill. If you enroll in a Budget Payment Plan and your account falls into arrears, your Plan will automatically be canceled.
- We estimate your annual energy costs for the upcoming year based on your monthly costs over the previous 12 months.
- We multiply your estimated costs by 10% (to account for expected changes in energy costs) to determine your monthly payment.
- Your monthly amount will stay the same for a minimum of six months. After six months, we will review your usage on a monthly basis.
- If your energy usage has changed, we will provide you with a new budget amount for a six-month time period. If not, you will continue to be billed the same budget amount and your usage will be reviewed monthly until your energy use changes.
Sample Budget Payment Plan bill
For more information