Start, Stop or Transfer My MGE Utility Service

Which scenario best matches you?

I need to start service at a new or additional address within MGE's service territory.

Submit a Start Service request

I am moving to a new address within MGE's service territory.

Submit a Transfer Service request

I need to cancel service and close my MGE account.

Submit a Stop Service request

Are you building?

While you're here...

  • If you want to know what the energy use or cost has been previously at your new residence, check out Average Energy Use and Cost
  • If you want to offset the emissions generated from your electricity use, Sign up for Green Power (MGE electric customers only).
  • If you want to save paper and reduce environmental emissions, sign-up to receive and pay your MGE bill online.
  • If you want to view or pay your bill online, view your energy use history or sign up for AutoPay or budget payment plan, Sign-in to My Account
  • If you prefer, you can download and return a service request form [79 kB PDF] to begin, end or transfer your MGE service via U.S. Mail or Fax.