Frequently Asked Questions
Who qualifies for Summary Billing?
You qualify if:
- You receive multiple bills.
- All accounts are paid up-to-date.
- No late payments in the past 6 months.
- No disconnection notices in the past 12 months.
- None of your accounts are participating in our Budget Payment Plan.
See Terms and Conditions for more details.
How do I enroll in Summary Billing?
- Review the Summary Billing Terms and Conditions to see if you qualify.
- Apply to MGE:
- Contact your MGE account representative or
- Call 608-252-7007 or
- Email email@example.com
- Work with MGE to identify all of your accounts.
- Group locations into a maximum of 25 groups. There is no limit to the number of locations that you can combine into a group. If you need more than 25 groupings, you may need to set up multiple Summary Bills.
- Receive email notice from MGE that your Summary Bill has been issued. If you use a spam-blocking email service, please include mge.com as an acceptable sender. This will allow you to receive your Summary Bill email notification message.
Why would I receive a paper bill after I enrolled in Summary Billing?
A variety of reasons, for example:
- New locations added after enrolling in Summary Billing were not included in your Summary Bill.
- A location may not have been included when your Summary Bill was set up.
- MGE was not notified that a new service should be included on your Summary Bill account.
You will only receive paper bills for those accounts not included in your Summary Bill. Please pay the paper bill to avoid late-payment charges.
How do I authorize others to access my Summary Bill?
After you have signed in at mge.com, click on the "Allow Others Access" button. Select the accounts the new user should have access to. You may update or delete users after selecting them from a drop-down menu. Only users authorized by the primary user are able to access Summary Bills online.
When is my Summary Bill payment due?
Your Summary Bill must be paid in full by the due date listed in the upper-right corner of your bill. We will apply appropriate late-payment charges if you miss a payment or make a partial payment.
Could I have two Summary Bills due within one month?
It is possible, depending on when your Summary Bill is created. All Summary Bills are due 20 days from the date the Summary Bill is issued, so periodically, the Summary Bill may be due at the beginning of the month and the end of the month.
How can I pay my Summary Bill?
- Online using My Bill Pay
- Online through your bank
- By phone
- By mail
- In person
See How to Pay for more information.
What do I need to do if my email address changes?
Please contact MGE. The only way you will be notified that your Summary Bill is available is through email. You can also change your email address online by signing into My Account and editing your Summary Bill contact information.
How do I update my Summary Bill user information?
Once you have enrolled in Summary Billing and are signed in to My Account, visit My Account Profile to update your information. It usually takes five to seven business days for information to be updated. If your information must be updated sooner, please call us at 608-252-7007.