MGE provides electricity to 159,000 customers in the southern Wisconsin municipalities of:
- Cross Plains
- Other Dane County communities
Population in the service area totals 339,000. Generating facilities include:
- Blount Station, West Campus Cogeneration Facility, combustion turbines and solar units at Madison, Wis.
- Columbia Energy Center at Portage, Wis.
- Elm Road Generating Station at Oak Creek, Wis.
- Natural gas combustion turbine at Marinette, Wis.
- Rosiere wind farm in Kewaunee County, Wis.
- Top of Iowa Wind Farm at Kensett, Iowa
- Forward Energy Center wind farm in Dodge and Fond du Lac counties, Wis.
- Saratoga wind farm in Howard County, Iowa
- Shared Solar at Middleton, Wis.
Natural gas service
MGE provides natural gas service to 169,000 customers in the following central and southern Wisconsin counties:
Population in the service area totals 470,000. Gas is transported via ANR Pipeline Co., Northern Natural Gas Co. and others.