Our compensation package offers a variety of benefits for employees. The types of benefits you may be eligible to receive include:
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Dental coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Paid sick leave or short-term disability
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Postretirement medical account
- Vision coverage
In addition, we offer these options to make life easier for our employees:
- Business casual dress
- Credit union membership
- Employee assistance services
- Financial planning services
- Legal services
- Service award program
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement program
Development and Training
MGE invests in our employees. Continuous employee learning and development is critical for our success. We offer a wide range of training and career development opportunities for MGE employees including:
- Corporate orientation program for new employees to learn about various aspects of our business and MGE's history.
- Required training on Ethics, Diversity Awareness and Preventing Workplace Harassment.
- State of Wisconsin-certified Line Worker Apprenticeship training program.
- Comprehensive technical training to develop and enhance our operations workers' skills.
- Excellent safety training for field technicians. MGE has received safety awards from the American Gas Association and the National Safety Council.
- Extensive curriculum of Company-sponsored technical, business and leadership courses focusing on:
- Management skills
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
- Team building
- Energy industry knowledge
- Customer service skills
- MGE-specific information about how we run our business
- Opportunities to join professional memberships and attend outside conferences and seminars.
- Career and educational advice for employees to understand available education and training options and create personal development plans.
- E-learning training opportunities to learn at an individualized pace and convenience.
- Through our Tuition Reimbursement Program, we encourage and financially assist employees to obtain skills, knowledge and abilities that increase the effectiveness of current work performance and prepare for future career advancement at MGE.