MGE Energy Fund
MGE created the Energy Fund in 1985 to help ensure families and individuals in need have money to pay for their heat. Last year, the Energy Fund received more than $100,000 in donations to support community members facing financial challenges.
How does the Energy Fund work?
- Donations come from MGE customers, shareholders and employees.
- 100% of donations go directly to help local people in the greater Madison area. MGE shareholders cover the Fund's administrative costs.
- A nonprofit agency distributes the funds.
- Contributors' names remain confidential.
Who does the Energy Fund help?
The Energy Fund supports families and individuals experiencing financial hardship who are unable to cover basic living costs. The difficulties may be the result of medical bills, job loss or other emergency situations.
Each year, the Energy Fund helps about 300 families. Assistance is especially needed during the winter months.
How can you help?
Please consider making a monthly or one-time tax-deductible donation to the Energy Fund.
- Sign up online for a monthly donation to be added to your energy bill.
- Add a donation to your online payment in My Account.
- Make a check payable to the "MGE Energy Fund" and mail it to: Madison Gas and Electric, P.O. Box 1231, Madison, WI 53701-1231
For more information