MGE ranks number one for electric reliability
MGE remains a national leader in electric reliability. For 2021, MGE’s electric service reliability was ranked number one in the country for both the fewest number of outages and shortest duration of outages per customer, according to an annual industry survey of more than 75 electric utilities nationwide.
SAIFI, which measures the frequency of customer outages, was 0.28 in 2021. On average, MGE customers experience about one outage every four years. MGE has ranked in the top three utilities nationwide for the fewest outages in each of the last 15 years. MGE ranked No. 1 nationwide for the fewest outages in 2007, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2020 and 2021.
SAIDI, which measures total customer outage time, was 39.6 minutes in 2021. MGE has ranked in the top four utilities in the country for shortest duration of outages in 14 of the last 15 years. MGE ranked No. 1 nationwide for shortest duration of outages per customer in 2007, 2011, 2013, 2017, 2020 and 2021.
Our process to ensure reliability
Ensuring electric reliability is one of MGE's top priorities. Achieving this goal is an ongoing process that takes a detailed approach and committed team. To help ensure electric reliability, MGE:
- Implements a proven strategy of managing outage incidents and minimizing their effects.
- Follows a continuous improvement process to analyze and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Monitors performance on a daily basis.
- Manages our infrastructure through regular equipment inspections and planned maintenance using modern GIS tools.
- Looks for cost-effective opportunities to implement new technology and modernize our system to ensure we keep the lights on for the homes and businesses we serve.