MGE ranked number one for electric reliability
MGE is a national leader in electric reliability. According to a nationwide utility industry survey based on 2020 statistics, MGE's electric service reliability was ranked No. 1 in the country for both the fewest number of electric outages and shortest duration of outages per customer. The survey includes more than 80 electric utilities in the country.
MGE has ranked in the top three utilities nationwide for the fewest outages in each of the last 14 years. MGE ranked No. 1 nationwide for the fewest outages in 2007, 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2020.
MGE also has ranked in the top four utilities in the country for shortest duration of outages in 13 of the last 14 years. MGE ranked No. 1 nationwide for shortest duration of outages per customer in 2007, 2011, 2013, 2017 and 2020.
Our process to ensure reliability
Ensuring electric reliability is one of MGE's top priorities. Achieving this goal is an ongoing process that takes a detailed approach and committed team. To help ensure electric reliability, MGE:
- Implements a proven strategy of managing outage incidents and minimizing their effects.
- Follows a continuous improvement process to analyze and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Monitors performance on a daily basis.
- Manages our infrastructure through regular equipment inspections and planned maintenance using modern GIS tools.
- Looks for cost-effective opportunities to implement new technology and modernize our system to ensure we keep the lights on for the homes and businesses we serve.