MGE continues to rank high for electric reliability
MGE remains a national leader in electric reliability. For 2022, MGE's electric service reliability ranked second for the fewest number of outages, according to an annual industry survey of more than 75 electric utilities nationwide.
On average, MGE customers experience about one outage every two-and-a-half years. That's compared to a nationwide average of more than three outages every two-and-a-half years. MGE has ranked in the top three utilities nationwide for the fewest outages in each of the last 16 years. MGE ranked No. 1 nationwide for the fewest outages in 2007, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2020 and 2021.
Our process to ensure reliability
Ensuring electric reliability is one of MGE's top priorities. Achieving this goal is an ongoing process that takes a detailed approach and committed team. To help ensure electric reliability, MGE:
- Implements a proven strategy of managing outage incidents and minimizing their effects.
- Follows a continuous improvement process to analyze and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Monitors performance on a daily basis.
- Manages our infrastructure through regular equipment inspections and planned maintenance using modern GIS tools.
- Looks for cost-effective opportunities to implement new technology and modernize our system to ensure we keep the lights on for the homes and businesses we serve.