Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System is a voluntary, consensus-based national rating system for developing high-performance, sustainable buildings. LEED addresses all building types and emphasizes state-of-the-art strategies in five areas:
- Sustainable site development
- Water savings
- Energy efficiency
- Materials and resources selection
- Indoor environmental quality
Different versions of the rating system are available for specific project types:
- New construction
- Existing buildings
- Commercial interiors
- Core and shell
- Neighborhood development
Learn from others' experience:
- See video at right.
- Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center [288 kB PDF]
MGE can help
MGE's certified professional staff can help you learn more about LEED certification or green building techniques. MGE:
- Understands LEED standards.
- Can help plan or update your facility design.
- Can recommend energy-efficient building techniques and equipment that will help meet LEED requirements.
Visit How MGE Can Help for other ways MGE can help your business succeed.