Are You Prepared?
- Protect the electric system from severe overloading.
- Increase overall service reliability.
Devices called reclosing circuit breakers or reclosers briefly interrupt the flow of current. The power is restored when the circuit is closed again.
Reclosers on the MGE system
- Are programmed to try to clear a detected fault.
- Cause "blinks" as the reclosers go through their fault-clearing sequence.
If the fault cannot be cleared, the circuit will stay open and an extended outage results.
Plan ahead for outages
Your business will do better the more you know and prepare. Consider:
- Emergency light system.
- Emergency fire pump.
- Emergency backup power system.
- Equipment or system shutdown priorities.
For more information
- Current Power Outages
- Electrical Disturbances (How to protect businesses) [503 kB PDF]
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- How to Protect Your Computer From Power Outages [448 kB PDF]
- Distributed Generation Resources