Service Agreement Overview
To participate, customers must complete and return a Service Agreement to MGE. Below is an overview of the information that is included in the Shared Solar Service Agreement:
- MGE owns and operates Shared Solar installations in Middleton.
- The amount of electricity produced by the solar array will vary depending on weather conditions. MGE maintains insurance on the Shared Solar installations.
- MGE residential electric customers served on the standard Rg-1 and our Time-of-Use (Rg-2) rates are eligible to participate in the Shared Solar program ("Solar Program").
- MGE small and medium businesses served on our Cg-3, Cg-4 and Cg-5 rates are eligible to participate in the Solar Program.
- Solar Program participants ("Participants") have the opportunity to provide up to half of their home's annual electricity from the Shared Solar installations.
- Participants must enter into a Shared Solar Service Agreement with MGE ("Agreement"). If the Morey Airport Solar Facility is not yet in service as of the date MGE signs this Agreement, all provisions of this Agreement except Section 5 herein become effective on the in-service date of the Morey Field Solar Facility.
- Participants are subject to the terms and conditions of their standard (Rg-1, Rg-2, Cg-3, Cg-4 or Cg-5) and Shared Solar Cs-1 tariffs, which may be amended from time to time by order or approval of the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin.
- The Agreement provides subscription options to participants based on a share/shares of the project. The maximum number of shares available to a participant will be up to 50% of their annual electricity use.
- Participants will be charged a one-time, nonrefundable participation fee of $47.25 for each share chosen ("Fee"). MGE will apply the solar electricity produced from the shares chosen to the participant's electricity bill each billing period. If the amount of electricity from a participant's solar share is greater than their home electricity use in any billing period, the participant will be billed for solar electricity in the amount equal to their total electricity use.
- The price of Shared Solar will be reflected in Schedule Cs-1 as long as the participant continues to participate in the Solar Program, up to a maximum of 25 years. The Schedule Cs-1 tariff includes rates for Cs-1 Electricity, Grid Electricity and Transmission services.
- Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) associated with a participant's solar electricity will be retired by MGE. The Agreement is for a term of 25 years unless the participant chooses to terminate the Agreement earlier or if the participant leaves MGE's service territory.
- If a participant moves outside MGE's electric service territory or transitions to an ineligible rate schedule, participation will terminate with the participant's final bill.
- If a participant moves within MGE's electric service territory, MGE will transfer the participant's participation to their new address as long as they provide notice to MGE, are the named electric customer on the MGE account at that address and remain in the same class of customer (residential or small- to medium-sized business).
- If a participant's annual electricity use at their new residence is less than at their previous address, MGE may adjust the participant's number of shares down in order to keep their solar electricity to no more than 50% of their annual electricity use.
Rg-1 Residential Service Rate
Cs-1 Shared Solar Service Rate