MGE's Commitment to Our Customers
Español | Hmoob
To our valued customers:
Additional COVID-19 Information
It's important all of our customers know your health and safety, as well as that of our employees, is our top priority. Whether we're facing a pandemic, a major storm that interrupts service or other unpredictable circumstances, MGE has plans designed to ensure our community has safe and reliable electric and natural gas service.
Our commitment to our customers is unwavering.
As part of our efforts to serve, we're taking steps to keep MGE employees healthy, reduce the risk of spreading the COVID-19 virus and ensure we can continue to provide our customers with safe and reliable energy. MGE is following the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding COVID-19.
Please see the following information related to serving you:
In the interest of public health and the safety of customers and of employees, our lobby is temporarily closed. However, we will continue to work with you, our customers, to meet your needs.
Jeff Keebler, Chairman, President and CEO
- Please call us at 608-252-7222 or visit the customer service section of our website at mge.com for assistance with service-related needs, bill payment options and more. We will make every effort to get you what you need.
- If you have fallen behind on payments, we want to work with you. Call us to sign up for a personalized payment arrangement, also called a Deferred Payment Agreement (DPA), to avoid collection action, late payment fees, or potential disconnection of service.
For customers who may need a service call during our community's response to COVID-19:
- MGE crews are prepared and will continue to respond to gas and electric emergencies to ensure public safety.
- Customers who are concerned about the potential transmission of COVID-19 may contact us to postpone or to reschedule any non-emergency work that would require an MGE employee to enter their household.
- MGE employees who are working inside a customer's residence will follow the CDC's most current guidance and practice best hygiene practices and social distancing—with a goal of maintaining at least six feet of distance from residents.
We understand that the pandemic could impact the livelihoods of those we serve, and we will continue to work with customers economically impacted. Please see our billing and payment information if you are behind on your bill or have questions or concerns about your account.
We appreciate our customers' understanding as we collectively navigate our community's and our nation's response to COVID-19. Please continue to check our website for updated information. If you have questions, our customer service representatives are available to help at 608-252-7222.
For more than 100 years, MGE crews and employees have worked to provide service day-in and day-out, including during challenging times. This is your community energy company's commitment to you. It is a privilege to serve you. Thank you.
Chairman, President and CEO
Madison Gas and Electric Company