MGE's Commitment to Our Customers
To our valued customers:
Additional COVID-19 Information
On behalf of all of us at MGE, we understand the evolving situation surrounding the COVID-19 coronavirus has many in our community concerned and uncertain. As schools and businesses close, new and unique challenges emerge for all of us.
It's important all of our customers know your health and safety, as well as that of our employees, is our top priority. The COVID-19 pandemic is new to all of us, but whether we're facing a pandemic, a major storm that interrupts service or other unpredictable circumstances, MGE has plans designed to ensure our community has safe and reliable electric and natural gas service.
Our commitment to our customers is unwavering.
As part of our efforts to serve, we're taking steps to keep MGE employees healthy, reduce the risk of spreading the COVID-19 virus and ensure we can continue to provide our customers with safe and reliable energy. MGE is following the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding COVID-19.
Jeff Keebler, Chairman, President and CEO
We continue to evaluate our processes for meeting your needs as this situation unfolds. As a further update to you, please see the following information related to serving you:
- In the interest of protection and the safety of customers and of employees, we closed our lobby. However, we will continue to work with you, our customers, to meet your needs.
- Please call us at 608-252-7222 or visit the customer service section of our website at mge.com for assistance with service-related needs, bill payment options and more. We will make every effort to get you what you need.
For customers who may need a service call during our community's response to COVID-19:
- MGE crews are prepared and will continue to respond to gas and electric emergencies to ensure public safety.
- We are going to manage very carefully our non-emergency work. As a result, we may be contacting customers to reschedule non-emergency service calls for a later date.
- Customers who are concerned about the potential transmission of COVID-19 may contact us to postpone or to reschedule any non-emergency work that would require an MGE employee to enter their household.
- MGE employees who are working inside a customer's residence will follow the CDC's most current guidance and practice best hygiene practices and social distancing—with a goal of maintaining at least six feet of distance from residents.
We understand that this reality could impact the livelihoods of those we serve, and we will continue to work with customers economically impacted by this public health emergency. MGE will not be disconnecting services to customers. Please also see our billing and payment information if you have questions or concerns about your account.
We appreciate our customers' understanding as we collectively navigate our community's and our nation's response to COVID-19. This is a rapidly changing situation, so please continue to check our website and social media channels for further information. If you have questions, our customer service representatives are available to help at 608-252-7222.
For more than 100 years, MGE crews and employees have worked to provide service day-in and day-out, including during challenging times. This is your community energy company's commitment to you. It is a privilege to serve you. Thank you.
Chairman, President and CEO
Madison Gas and Electric Company