Billing and Payment Information Due to COVID-19 Coronavirus
To our valued customers:
Your health and safety, as well as that of our employees, is our top priority.
As part of our efforts to serve, we're taking steps to reduce the risk of spreading the COVID-19 virus and ensure we can continue to provide our customers with safe and reliable energy.
The MGE lobby is currently closed
In the interest of public health and safety, our lobby is temporarily closed.
Need assistance or need to make a payment?
Please visit the Customer Service section of mge.com or call us at 608-252-7222 and we will make every effort to get you what you need by phone. Representatives are available weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
We also understand that the pandemic could impact the livelihoods of those we serve and access to in-person customer service due to our lobby closure. We will continue to work with customers experiencing hardship and those impacted by this temporary closure.
- If you are behind on your bill, call us to set up a personalized payment arrangement. Your ability to pay something now, even if minimal, and an established payment arrangement means you will not be charged late payment fees or be subject to disconnection. Please call 608-252-7144 to request one.
- MGE is assessing late fees on past-due balances incurred beginning April 1, 2021, for customer accounts without an established payment arrangement.
- MGE is not disconnecting services to residential customers at this time.
- MGE is not requiring deposits from customer accounts seeking to reconnect services previously disconnected for nonpayment.
- MGE is waiving credit card, debit card and retail payment processing fees.
Please call our customer service representatives at 608-252-7222 if you have questions or concerns related to your account. Representatives are available weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
MGE payment drop boxes
MGE’s Madison and Viroqua offices offer payment drop boxes on site. Payments will be credited the next business day.
Retail payment locations
Retail payment locations also are available; however, a processing fee may apply. We recommend contacting location to ensure operating hours have not changed.
Visit mge.com/resources for a list of some area resources that may offer assistance during this time.
MGE Energy shareholders
Please call 800-356-6423 to speak with a representative.
Please continue to visit mge.com for updates. Thank you for your understanding as we all continue to work together in response to COVID-19.