Billing and Payment Information Due to COVID-19 Coronavirus
To our valued customers:
Your health and safety, as well as that of our employees, is our top priority.
As part of our efforts to serve, we're taking steps to reduce the risk of spreading the COVID-19 virus and ensure we can continue to provide our customers with safe and reliable energy.
The MGE lobby is currently closed
In the interest of public health and safety, our lobby is closed.
Need assistance or need to make a payment?
Please visit the Customer Service section of mge.com or call us at 608-252-7222 and we will make every effort to get you what you need by phone. Representatives are available weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
We also understand that this public health emergency could impact the livelihoods of those we serve and access to in-person customer service due to our lobby closure. We will continue to work with customers experiencing hardship and those impacted by this temporary change of service.
- MGE will continue to work out deferred payment agreements with residential and commercial customers who are falling behind on their bills. Please call (608) 252-7080 to request one.
- MGE will not be disconnecting services to customers. This applies to both residential and commercial customers.
- MGE will not be assessing late fees to customer accounts.
- MGE will not require deposits from customer accounts seeking to reconnect services previously disconnected for nonpayment.
- MGE will waive credit card, debit card and retail payment processing fees.
Please call our customer service representatives at 608-252-7222 if you have questions or concerns related to your account. Representatives are available weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
MGE payment drop boxes
MGE’s Madison and Viroqua offices offer payment drop boxes on site. Payments will be credited the next business day.
Retail payment locations
Retail payment locations are also available; however, a processing fee may apply. We recommend contacting location to ensure operating hours have not changed.
Visit mge.com/resources for a list of some area resources that may offer assistance during this time.
MGE Energy shareholders
Please call 800-356-6423 to speak with a representative.
This is a rapidly evolving situation. Please continue to visit our website, mge.com, for updates. Thank you for your understanding as we all work together in response to COVID-19.