MGE's Commitment to Local Businesses During the Coronavirus Pandemic
To our valued business customers:
Your community energy company is here for all of our customers and is committed to working with those we serve during the coronavirus pandemic.
MGE will not be disconnecting service to any customers for non-payment or charging late fees during this public health emergency.
We understand this is a challenging time for many local businesses. Please explore the business section of mge.com or contact us for additional resources or account assistance.
Top ways to manage energy use at your business
- Unplug or turn off lights, electronics, computers and other equipment if they aren't being used.
- Set back or lower temperatures for heating equipment and raise temperatures for air-conditioning equipment.
- If you have a refrigerator that is not needed during the pandemic, clean it out and unplug it.
- If you have a water heater at your business, lower the temperature to save energy. Before making adjustments, be sure to keep the temperature in the range recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in order to prevent the growth of Legionella bacteria.
- Review your operations and use timers, sensors and programmable setback thermostats to control lighting and other equipment, especially during on-peak hours (10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday). Consider shifting some operations to off-peak hours or scheduling routine equipment tests during off-peak hours.
We are here to help!
Contact your account representative or call MGE at (608) 252-7007 and ask for an MGE business account manager to discuss your account and ways to manage energy costs.