MGE is dedicated to the communities and customers we serve. We strive to go above and beyond in our efforts to balance the need for reliable, affordable energy with our commitment to be responsible environmental stewards. We recognize our responsibility to:
- Reduce impacts.
- Improve continuously.
- Exceed compliance.
- Educate employees.
- Communicate and work with others.
MGE Green Team
Every MGE employee is a member of our Green Team and has a responsibility to the environment while at work. For more than 20 years, MGE's Green Team has encouraged environmental awareness, proactively shared ideas and made improvements that strengthen our practices. We:
- Educate our employees about MGE's environmental responsibilities and policy.
- Encourage employees to actively seek cost-effective ways to offset environmental impacts and risk.
- Involve employees in environmental stewardship projects.
At MGE, we support programs that help customers live and work efficiently and sustainably. For example, we:
- Helped initiate and continue to sponsor EnAct. This local program encourages consumers to live greener, more sustainable lives by creating neighborhood and workplace action teams.
- Work with the Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District, Dane County, municipalities and other partners on a phosphorus-reduction effort in the Yahara River watershed. Yahara WINs is a four-year pilot program aimed at reducing algae-forming phosphorus pollution that enters lakes and waterways.