Blount Generating Station is the first ISO 14001 certified power plant in Wisconsin. ISO 14001 certification is an internationally recognized standard for environmental management systems.
Blount Station's Environmental Management System:
- Successfully passed its fifth independent ISO 14001 audit in 2013. Blount first earned official ISO 14001 certification in October 2004.
- Follows a permanent framework calling for annual goals and continuous environmental improvements.
MGE commits to:
- Strategically going beyond compliance in day-to-day operations.
- Pursuing clean options as appropriate.
- Is an international standard that specifies a process for controlling and improving a company's environmental performance.
- Helps organizations comply with environmental laws and manage the environmental impacts and risks of their activities.
- Is published by ISO, the International Organization for Standardization, and consists of:
- General requirements
- Environmental policy
- Implementation and operation
- Checking and corrective action
- Management review
For more information, please contact Jeff Jaeckels, MGE director - Safety and Environmental Affairs.