Preparing Your Site
For both electric and gas service, please prepare your installation route:
- Clear all trees, stumps and other obstacles.
- Fill or grade to within six inches of final grade.
- Install grade stakes and mark to indicate final grade.
For multifamily and commercial/industrial projects, all property corners must be staked and identified as well.
Mark all customer-installed underground facilities that could be damaged by our construction equipment:
- Gas piping
- Well water lines
- Septic tanks
- Drain fields
- Communication lines
- Landscape and parking lot lighting
These facilities should be staked to identify:
- Type of facility
For electric service:
- Your electrician should install the appropriate electric service entrance equipment.
- For multifamily or commercial/industrial projects, call MGE's Operations Scheduling Department at (608) 252-7373.
- For residential projects:
|Blooming Grove, Bristol, Burke, Central and East Madison, Cottage Grove, Dane, DeForest, Dekorra, Downtown Madison, Hampden, Harmony Grove, Leeds, Lodi, Maple Bluff, McFarland, Monona, Morrisonville, North Leeds, Town of Sun Prairie, Roxbury, Vienna (West of I-94), Waunakee, West Point, Westport, Windsor
|Arena, Barneveld, Belleville, Berry, Black Earth, Blue Mounds, Brigham, Cross Plains, Dunn, Fitchburg, Mazomanie, Middleton, Mount Horeb, Paoli, Ridgeway, Springdale, Springfield, Vermont, Verona, Shorewood Hills, West Madison
|Existing Overhead Electric to Underground
Review our underground facilities site readiness checklist [45 kB PDF] before your service is scheduled.