Building Energy Use Comparison
Compare your electric and natural gas use per square foot with similar building types. Enter your yearly electric use (kWh), natural gas use (therms) and square footage and click the Show button.
As a customer of MGE, sign in to My Account to have your yearly energy use data loaded automatically.
About this chart
- Each bar represents one building
- Comparison charts 2012 data from customers of Madison Gas and Electric in Madison, WI
- All natural gas use for other buildings is normalized for weather
- Therms and kWh are converted to kBtu to provide a consistent unit of measurement
- 1 Therm = 100 kBtu
- 1 kWh = 3.413 kBtu
- Data is not statistically significant