Average Energy Use and Cost for Residential Addresses
Before you rent an apartment or purchase a home, estimate its potential energy use and related costs.
- High, low, and average energy use, or
- High, low, and average bill amounts
for an address within MGE's service area, complete the form and click Search.
If your search does not return any results
- Enter the street name without the direction or suffix. For example, for "123 North Main Street," try "123 Main".
- Enter just the house number and first letter of the street name.
- Make sure you have selected the right city.
- Check our searching hints.
If your search returns more than 5 results
- Include the street direction (if applicable) and the street suffix (e.g., Road, Street, Avenue, etc.).
- Enter the entire street name.
- If applicable, enter the apartment/unit number.
- More Help.
For more information
- Compare your electricity and natural gas home heating costs with others in the greater Madison area. Sign in to My Account.
- To estimate the cost to switch to natural gas from fuel oil or LP gas, use our Home Heating Fuels calculator.
- Are you a business customer? Try our Building energy use comparison to see how the energy use of your building compares with other, similar buildings.