Clean Power Partners Program
Become a Clean Power Partner and earn $0.25 per kilowatt-hour (kWh) for the photovoltaic (PV) energy you generate and deliver to MGE's electric system for our Green Power Tomorrow customers.
Customers sell all the solar power they generate to MGE for $0.25 per kWh. It is then rolled into MGE's Green Power Tomorrow program and is purchased by customers who want to support renewable energy and reduce their environmental impacts.
- Retail electric customers with a solar PV system between 1 kW and 10 kW.
- System installed and meter set March 6, 2007, or after.
Terms and conditions
- Customers must participate in Green Power Tomorrow.
- Program capped at 1 megawatt. Customers served on a first-come, first-served basis until cap is met.
- Program requires two meters:
- One to measure solar electricity generated
- One to measure electricity used
- Customers must pay an electrician to supply and install a two-meter socket and any modification that may be necessary to accommodate the meters. MGE supplies the meters.
- Customers must connect to MGE's system and deliver energy to MGE within 12 months of signing the interconnection agreement.
- Customers must sign a 10-year contract but may leave the program with 30 days' written notice.
- All renewable energy credits, emission allowances or other environmental benefits for which the system qualifies now or in the future become the property of MGE for the contract term.
To get started
Complete and sign:
- Clean Power Partner Agreement [121 kB PDF]
- Green Power Tomorrow Participation Form [229 kB PDF]
- Standard Application Form [573 kB PDF]
Be sure to include:
- A line diagram of your system
- Proof of insurance
Return the completed forms to:
Madison Gas and Electric Co.
Post Office Box 1231
Madison, WI 53701-1231
When your PV installation is complete:
- Complete, sign and send the Standard Interconnection Agreement [1.0 MB PDF] to the above address.
- Call MGE at 252-7196 to schedule an appointment for inspection, testing and interconnection.
For more information
Renewable Energy Rates
A Consumer's Guide - Get Your Power From the Sun - U.S. DOE [714 kB PDF]
CPP Tariff (Pg-4 Rate) [22 kB PDF]
CPP Interconnection Metering Options [340 kB PDF]
Interconnection Guide for Customer-Owned Generation [2.7 MB PDF]
Wisconsin Administrative Code, Chapter PSC 119 [43 kB PDF]
Customer-Owned Parallel Generation (Net Metering)
Focus on Energy Site Assessment Help