MGE no longer provides appliance inspection or repair services.
Please don't hesitate to call:
- 252-1111 if you smell natural gas.
- 252-7111 for lights out or other emergency.
MGE will provide carbon monoxide tests for a fee.
MGE will install and repair natural gas piping. Standard rates apply.
Before you call for service
You may want to check the following:
- If not, please call MGE at 252-7333.
- Check for a blown fuse or tripped breaker.
- Many gas appliances have a power cord that must be plugged in securely.
In addition, if your furnace or gas water heater is not working:
- Are the intake and exhaust pipes clear of snow, ice or other obstruction?
- Is the condensate drain hose clear and unobstructed?
- If the furnace filter was checked recently, was the access panel closed just right?
To find a qualified service technician
- Check with the dealer from whom the appliance was purchased.
- Consult trusted family and friends who have had repairs satisfactorily completed.
- Check the equipment manufacturer's Web site to find a local franchised dealer (see below).
- Check the telephone directory yellow pages.
|Heating and cooling||Boilers|