Before You Prune
- Be sure to wear eye, ear and head protection.
- Don’t work alone, especially when pruning large branches.
Consult an arborist
Consider consulting or hiring a professional if branches:
- Are within 10 feet of utility lines.
- Can't be reached from the ground.
- Are too large or decayed to manage easily.
To learn more about the types of services a professional arborist can provide, visit the International Society of Arboriculture website.
Professional arborists or tree care companies are often associated with the following associations:
- Wisconsin Arborist Association
- International Society of Arboriculture
- Tree Care Industry Association
For more information
- How to Prune Trees [166 kB PDF]