2013 High-Tech Directory
The Madison area offers key resources to help high-tech companies grow—from expert university researchers and technology transfer capabilities to a stable economy and talented labor pool. In 2012, more than 600 high-tech companies had $6.6 billion in annual sales/revenue and/or government awards that generated approximately 32,500 jobs in the Madison area.
Learn about these growing businesses in MGE's annual High-Tech Directory. It provides descriptions, operating statistics and more for hundreds of area high-tech firms.
Thank you for your interest.
About the High-Tech Directory
Last year, high-tech businesses contributed to the Madison area:
- More than 600 companies (485 profiles in directory).
- $6.6 billion in annual sales/revenue and/or government awards.
- Approximately 32,500 jobs (2,500 additional jobs since 2008).
The Madison area is growing in technology-related entrepreneurship and business because of its:
- Respected university research base.
- High level of technology transfer.
- Growing high-tech employment (2008 to 2012, grew 8.3% in Dane County).
- Growing high-tech firms (2008 to 2012, grew more than 8.7%).
- Stable, vital economy (approximately 5% to 6% unemployment rate).
- Talented labor pool.
The High-Tech Directory provides:
- Detailed information by North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS).
- Business descriptions.
Operating statistics on more than 485 area high-tech businesses and services including:
- Ag-bio/biotech to computer-related start-ups and established firms.
- Manufacturing, services and unclassified high-tech concerns.
- Resource listings of public/private support networks at local, state and federal levels.
The cost for each book is $50 (includes sales tax). If requesting an electronic version, please allow one business day to receive the password. If requesting a printed version, please allow two to three business days.
Download the 2013 High-Tech Directory
2013 High-Tech Directory [2.4 MB PDF] (requires you purchase a password from MGE)
*With this password-protected Acrobat PDF document, search, print and select sections or copy and paste directory data from any page. Download the electronic version of the file any time. When we receive your payment, we will send you a password to open the file.
Create a High-Tech Directory company listing
High-Tech Directory archives
Prior years' publications do not require a paid password.
2012 High-Tech Directory [1.9 MB PDF]
2011 High-Tech Directory [2.2 MB PDF]
2010 High-Tech Directory [1.1 MB PDF]
2009 High-Tech Directory [832 kB PDF]
2008 High-Tech Directory [5.8 MB PDF]
2007 High-Tech Directory [5.6 MB PDF]
2006 High-Tech Directory [2.7 MB PDF]
2005 High-Tech Directory [1.0 MB PDF]
2004 High-Tech Directory [1.8 MB PDF]
2003 High-Tech Directory [1.2 MB PDF]
2002 High-Tech Directory [1.2 MB PDF]
2001 High-Tech Directory [8.0 MB PDF]
For more information
Call (608) 252-7116