Green Building Design Assistance
Whether you are building a new facility or renovating an existing one, MGE can help you:
- Optimize energy performance.
- Reduce operating costs.
- Preserve the environment with energy-conscious, sustainable design features.
Design review and specifications
MGE's certified professional staff can review your design and help with:
- Specifying energy-efficient building techniques and equipment.
- Reliable savings estimates.
- Information about new technologies.
MGE can provide technical services related to two national efficient design programs:
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED): MGE's staff includes a LEED-certified design professional thoroughly versed in this green building rating standard for developing high-performance, sustainable buildings. LEED emphasizes sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality.
- Advanced Buildings®: This suite of technical resources, training and information aims to improve how buildings are designed, built and used. Focusing on energy efficiency and indoor environmental quality in new buildings, Advanced Buildings is compatible with LEED and ENERGY STAR®. Advanced Buildings was jointly developed by the New Buildings Institute and the Energy Center of Wisconsin through the support of a number of sponsors including MGE.
Let us help you incorporate green building strategies and materials into your environment.