Customer-Owned (Parallel) Generation
You can receive credit on your MGE utility bills through net metering or other rate options for the electricity you produce from your renewable energy system—solar photovoltaic (PV), wind or biomass.
If you are planning to connect your own electricity generation system to MGE's distribution system, please complete and send the items listed below to:
Madison Gas and Electric Co.
PO Box 1231
Madison WI 53701-1231
Note to installers: Contact Jeff at 252-7387 or firstname.lastname@example.org when your equipment is ordered. We need to order special meters for these systems.
To get started, please complete and sign:
- The Standard Application form:
- Parallel Generation Rate Preference Form [11 kB PDF]
- Line diagram of your system.
Proof of insurance certificate.
When your PV installation is complete:
- Complete, sign and send the Standard Interconnection Agreement to the above address:
- Call MGE at 252-7378 to schedule an appointment for inspection, testing and interconnection.
If you have questions about the application, rates or systems, contact email@example.com.
For more information
- Buy Green Power
- FOE Site Assessment Help
- Interconnection Guide for Customer-Owned Generation [2.7 MB PDF]
- Net Metering Frequently Asked Questions [1.9 MB PDF]
- Renewable Energy Rates
- Small Wind Electric Systems [1.3 MB PDF] (U.S. Department of Energy)
- Solar Photovoltaic Systems [763 kB PDF] (U.S. Department of Energy)
- Wisconsin's Focus on Energy program can help with the system design, finding contractors and financing the system. Wisconsin utility customers fund this program through charges on their utility bills.