About the Bill
|How to contact us (*Interpreters available)|
|Madison Area||(608) 252-7222*|
|Long Distance (Toll Free)||1-800-245-1125*|
|Hearing Impaired TDD Line||(608) 252-4777|
|Prairie du Chien Gas Company||(608) 326-2417|
|Elroy Gas Company||(608) 462-8454|
|Viroqua Gas Company||(608) 637-3139|
|Automated Account Information||(608) 252-4700|
|Emergency numbers (available 24 hours)|
|Emergency Service||(608) 252-7111|
|Gas Leak Emergency||(608) 252-1111|
|Toll Free Emergency||
Budget Payment Plan
Our Budget Payment Plan spreads your energy costs more evenly over a 12-month period.
You may see charges or credits on your bill if you participate in these optional services:
- Green Power Tomorrow Clean energy from wind and solar projects is offered at a 4 cents per kilowatt-hour premium for customers who wish to offset the carbon dioxide emissions from all or part of their electricity use.
- Power Control Customers who allow MGE to shut off their central air conditioner when we need emergency power will be paid $2 for every 15-minute increment the air conditioner is shut off during a control period.
- Energy Fund MGE has established a fund that allows customers to contribute toward needy families who cannot pay their utilities. Some customers may elect to make a monthly contribution through their energy bills.
Penalty for nonpayment
- If you can pay your utility charges incurred between October 31 and April 16 but don't pay within 80 days of when they are due, we may file court action against you.
- A court could award MGE payment up to three times the amount you owe. (See Section 196.642 of the Wisconsin Statutes.)