All positions at MGE require a high school degree or equivalent. If you've reviewed our job types, you know most jobs require experience or training beyond high school.
Administrative and Clerical
- Some positions require customer service experience.
- Other positions require a two-year degree.
- Still others require a four-year BA or BS degree in a related career field.
Successful MGE administrative and clerical employees share these characteristics:
- Handle details well
- Like working with processes, procedures and systems to manage information
- Find reward in helping others
- Good communicators
Most positions require a BA or BS degree.
Successful MGE business employees share these characteristics:
- Technical, analytical and people-oriented
- Ability to understand the big picture as well as work with details
- Produce and maintain accurate facts and figures for business reporting
- Enjoy looking at information to help develop strategies for daily and future business decisions
All positions require a four-year engineering degree
Successful MGE engineers share these characteristics:
- Collaborative in working with project stakeholders
- Innovative in the solution of engineering problems
- Analytical in interpreting data
- Some positions require hands-on experience
- Other positions require a certificate from a nine-month technical program
- Still others require a two-year associate degree from a technical college
- See Technical Education and Training for more information
Successful MGE technicians share these characteristics:
- Like using their hands and head
- Enjoy physical outdoor work
- Good with numbers
- Thrive solving technical problems