What Our Employees Say
"I took several computer classes and completed the Basic Microsoft Office Certificate Program with the help of MGE's tuition reimbursement program."
"Through on-the-job training and hard work, I went from Lineman Apprentice to Class A Lineman, then Foreman. Using MGE's tuition reimbursement, I earned an Associate Degree in Supervisory management and am now a Substation Maintenance Supervisor."
Career Development and Training
MGE invests in employees. Continuous employee learning and development is critical for MGE success. We offer a wide range of training and career development opportunities for employees including:
- Corporate orientation program for new employees to learn about various aspects of our business and MGE's history.
- Required training on Ethics, Diversity Awareness and Preventing Workplace Harassment.
- State of Wisconsin-certified Line Worker Apprenticeship training program.
- Comprehensive technical training to develop and enhance our operations workers' skills.
- Excellent safety training for field technicians. MGE has received safety awards from the American Gas Association and the National Safety Council.
- Extensive curriculum of Company-sponsored technical, business and leadership courses focusing on:
- Management skills
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
- Team building
- Energy industry knowledge
- Customer service skills
- MGE-specific information about how we run our business
- Opportunities to join professional memberships and attend outside conferences and seminars.
- Career and educational advice for employees to understand available education and training options and create personal development plans.
- E-learning training opportunities to learn at an individualized pace and convenience.
- Through our Tuition Reimbursement Program, the Company encourages and financially assists employees to obtain skills, knowledge and abilities that increase the effectiveness of current work performance and prepare for future MGE career advancement.