Madison consistently ranks among the top places to work, live and play. Safe communities, great schools and year-round recreation contribute to this appealing environment.
- Madison is Best City for young adults. It's an educated, tech-savvy city. Kiplinger's, 2012
- Madison is the second best-run city in the United States. Low unemployment and solid base of technology and health care companies were noted. 24/7 Wall St., 2013
- Madison is rated one of the top college towns in a small metro area. Quality of life and employment opportunities were highlighted. American Institute for Economic Research, 2012
Cost of living
The Madison area is an affordable place to live. You will benefit from reasonable housing and health care costs, short commute times and much more.
- Wisconsin's homeowner insurance rates are fourth lowest in the nation. National Association of Insurance Commissioners, most recent data.
- Wisconsin's auto insurance rates are the eighth lowest in the nation. National Association of Insurance Commissioners, most recent data.
- Compare cost of living statistics across the country.
Wisconsin's four distinct seasons offer something for everyone - from summer sailing to winter skiing. Learn more about the climate, including monthly temperatures and precipitation.