Area We Serve
MGE provides electricity to the southern Wisconsin municipalities of:
- Cross Plains
- Other Dane County communities
Population in the service area totals 302,000. Generating facilities include:
- Blount Station, West Campus Cogeneration Facility, combustion turbines and solar units at Madison, Wis.
- Columbia Energy Center at Portage, Wis.
- Elm Road Generating Station at Oak Creek, Wis.
- Natural gas combustion turbine at Marinette, Wis.
- MGE wind farm in Kewaunee County, Wis.
- Top of Iowa 3 Wind Farm at Kensett, Iowa
Natural gas service
MGE provides natural gas service in the following central and southern Wisconsin counties:
The population in our gas service area is 421,000. Gas is transported via ANR Pipeline Co., Northern Natural Gas Co. and others.