Help appliances last longer
There are simple things you can do to extend the life of your kitchen appliances. With a little extra cleaning and care, you can save by not having to replace them as often.
- Check spray arms for debris that can clog holes.
- When loading, make sure nothing is touching the spray arms.
- If it has a manual clean filter, clean it regularly.
- Clean door gaskets with mild soap and water.
- Use a dollar bill to check the gasket seals. Close the bill in the door and replace the gasket if the bill falls out.
- Check compressor coils for dust every few months. Clean as needed.
- Never cover drip pans with foil as this can cause a short-circuit.
- Keep reflector bowls under burners shiny so that they reflect heat.
- Gently place heavy pans on smooth top ranges to avoid breakage.
- Check door seals for a tight seal and damage. If leaking heat, adjust or replace the gasket.
AT YOUR SERVICE
For your convenience here are links to our most requested online services:
Home Energy Line
If you have a topic or energy-saving story you would like us to write about, please send us your suggestions.