As part of MGE's commitment to environmental stewardship, our Environmental Management System incorporates the following policy decisions:
- Consider the environmental impacts of all applicable company activities and actively seek cost-effective ways to reduce adverse environmental impacts and risks.
- Seek environmentally friendly options when considering sources of supply, material and contractors where cost-effective opportunities exist.
- Educate our employees about MGE's environmental responsibilities and policy and encourage them to actively seek ways to mitigate environmental impacts.
- Set environmental goals and objectives and strive to continually improve corporate environmental performance.
- Strictly comply with all environmental laws, regulations, permit requirements and other corporate environmental commitments and exceed simple compliance where sound science and cost-effective technologies permit.
- Continue to be an active member of the community and work with other community agencies to promote environmental education and energy conservation. As a member of the community, MGE will communicate openly and honestly with the public regarding MGE environmental policy and performance.