Wisconsin's educational system ranks among the top in the nation. From elementary schools to postgraduate programs, Wisconsin students are prepared to excel in your workplace.
- UW-Madison is one of the country's top 30 business schools. U.S. News and World Report, 2008
- UW-Madison ranks among the 100 best values in public colleges for in-state and out-of-state students. Kiplinger.com, 2008
- The University of Wisconsin system received funding for its Growth Agenda, a plan to expand research, educate more students in science and technology and increase enrollment.
University of Wisconsin-Madison
- More than 41,000 students are enrolled at the world-renowned UW-Madison. The university offers hundreds of academic programs and many rank among the nation's finest. UW-Madison is a leader in several fields including biotech research.
- The UW-Madison and Harvard rank first in the number of graduates (15) who became CEOs of some of the nation's largest companies.
- The Campus Master Plan for the university includes establishing new academic neighborhoods, creating dynamic open spaces and providing better ways for getting around.
More than 54,000 students attend Wisconsin's accredited private colleges. They provide quality education for traditional college students and returning adult students. Degree programs range from computer science, biology and accounting to performing arts and Christian education.
- Madison College provides customized employee training and technical, liberal arts and science programs. Each year, about 50,000 individuals receive training in more than 100 careers, including biotechnology, electron microscopy and nursing.
- Herzing College offers specialized training in computer-related technologies and business careers. Many degree and diploma programs are available, including CAD drafting, computer network technology, information technology and technology management.
Wisconsin celebrates a strong tradition of providing progressive education for students.
- MGE is committed to teaching students about renewable energy technologies. MGE installed solar photovoltaic units at 10 area high schools. Students can track energy output and weather information with MGE's monitoring equipment.
- The BioPharmaceutical Technology Center Institute helps coordinate a Wisconsin Youth Apprenticeship Program in Biotechnology. This two-year program for high school juniors and seniors includes a paid apprenticeship in an industry or university lab and specialized instruction.
- A Madison middle school is one of seven in the nation exploring digital television as a learning tool in the classroom.
Local School Districts
Statistics on educational attainment, school enrollment, employment status, etc., are available from the U.S. Census Bureau.