Sites and Buildings
Growing companies can find the right site in MGE's service area—from upscale facilities in urban areas to land ready for development that meets your needs. Benefit from affordable space, business services and other vital resources to help you succeed.
- Construction is nearing completion on the $150 million Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery, a public and private institute on the UW-Madison campus that will serve as a hub for interdisciplinary research.
- Madison's University Research Park recently completed a new 65,000-square-foot accelerator building to house life-science companies that move beyond early-stage development.
More than 2,500 acres are available in Dane County's thriving business parks. A variety of options are available to meet your needs—from price to parcel size and zoning.
Known for its world-class research, the Madison area is home to a growing community of high-tech businesses. More than 35 technology sites help stimulate business growth.
South Madison/Fitchburg area
- Fitchburg Business Park is a 44-acre office and industrial development with excellent highway access and visibility (283,000 square feet are already built).
- Fitchburg Center is a 400-acre high-tech development located about 10 minutes from the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. More than 500,000 square feet of space integrates high-tech businesses with civic, retail, education and residential opportunities.
- Fitchburg Commerce Park is a 78-acre development that features nearly 350,000 square feet of office, manufacturing and high-tech space.
- Fitchburg Technology Campus (FTC) is a 120-acre neighborhood that will be home to dozens of high-tech businesses, state-of-the-art research facilities, a retail center, recreation and housing. The newest addition to the FTC is the $40 million TEAM Technologies Data Center which opened in 2008.
- Fitchburg Technology Campus (Phase 2) is a 40-acre high-tech and mixed-use business park scheduled to open in 2011.
- Nine Springs Green Technology Village is a 284-acre planned business campus for high-tech companies. It will also include residential and mixed-use development.
- Novation Technology Campus is a 72-acre development that includes more than 500,000 square feet of retail, office and flex space in the first phase of development.
West Madison/Middleton area
- Airport Road Business Park, a 200-acre (49 available) development, is home to high-tech companies (biotech R&D, manufacturing, production) and several retail/service businesses. The park is located across from Morey Airport.
- City Center West is a 15-acre urban business environment offering high-end amenity packages. Seven distinct structures comprise this development.
- Discovery Springs, a 100-acre (18 available) development, consists of upscale office and professional buildings and several retail/service businesses. Discovery Springs is connected to three surrounding business parks.
- Greenway Center is a 240-acre development that includes hotel and retail businesses and about one million square feet of office space (200,000 square feet of "flex space" that can be tailored to meet any manufacturing, lab and warehouse needs).
- Middleton Business Park, Golf Green Industrial Park and Evergreen Industrial Park comprise about 200 acres, including 100 acres of high-tech uses. The area offers rail service and easy highway access.
- Old Sauk Trails is a 400-acre (30 available), high-end office park. Fully improved sites with greenways and a range of lease/buy options are available. A development-wide, underground, looped electrical system helps ensure uninterrupted power for research and data processing.
- Park Towne is a fully developed, 180-acre business/office park. It offers mature landscaping and covenants that govern design and maintenance. The park is home to several professional service and financing firms.
- Springfield Corners Commercial Center is a 55 acre (26 available) business park for commercial and industrial businesses. The park offers easy highway access and several lots with highway visibility. Parcels are various sizes starting at 2 acres. Build to suit options are available. Lot prices start at $125,000 per acre.
- Silicon Prairie™ Business Park is a 100-acre industrial park for manufacturers. Parcels of various sizes can be purchased or leased. Build-to-suit options are also available.
- University Research Park (URP) offers more than 180 acres for research and technology companies. URP is home to more than 100 businesses that employ 4,000 workers.
Southeast Madison area
- The Broadway Industrial Area offers sites from 10 acres to 60 acres, which are available from private owners. Excellent highway access makes this a good location for heavy and light manufacturing and warehousing businesses.
- McAllen 120 Business Park (Femrite Drive and Meier Road) is a 76-acre park that offers a variety of lots, flex and high-tech space. Adjacent to the interstate highway and 15 minutes to the regional airport, the park is suitable for office, storage and light-assembly firms.
- BioAg Gateway business park is a 27-acre development poised for bio-ag companies, the Midwest BioLink Incubator, a Discovery Center and a 200-acre showcase of bio-ag research and development.
- World Dairy Center/World Dairy Campus is an office and business park development (13 acres currently available). It is home to the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture and other ag-related businesses.
East Madison area
- Metrotech is a 37-acre development designed for new technology businesses. Ten sites (ranging up to five-plus acres) offer 615,000 square feet of office space. Multifamily units and 36,000 square feet of retail space are also part of this development.
- Center for Industry and Commerce is a 165-acre development near the Dane County Regional Airport. Most land is zoned for manufacturing and warehousing businesses. A five-acre parcel is zoned for neighborhood commercial use.
- Corben Business Campus is an 18-acre, mixed-use park located at the gateway to the Dane County Regional Airport. Suites are available in a variety of sizes. Build-to-suit options are also available.
- High Crossing Environs is a 115-acre business/office park located on one of the highest elevations in Dane County. The park is part of the High Crossing community, which is zoned for a mix of businesses, including high-tech, office, health care and entrepreneurial services. More than 20 technology companies are located on 58 acres. Another 57 acres are available for future expansion.
- T.E.C. Center Inc. is a technology-focused development that provides a link to Madison College's resources. This private-public partnership helps entrepreneurs convert high-tech research into commercially viable products and services. The development includes more than 600,000 square feet of commercial space.
- Truax Air Park offers parcels adjacent to the Dane County Regional Airport and near major highways. This location is ideal for warehousing and light manufacturing firms. Seven fully improved lots ranging from 70,000 to 174,000 square feet are available for office development.
Sites and buildings
Quickly search site and building databases to find property in MGE's service area that meets your needs.